Post Abortion Support
Women who have had an abortion often suffer deeply and in silence. At Women’s Pregnancy Center, we know and understand the pain that often follows an abortion – we see it daily. Perhaps you are experiencing some of the following symptoms women often report after an abortion:
- Guilt, regret
- Sadness, depression, crying spells
- Avoiding all thoughts of abortion
- Anger, rage
- Shame, fear of rejection
- Promiscuity and/or sexual dysfunction
- Self-destructive behaviors (drug or alcohol abuse, eating disorders)
- Separation or isolation from others and/or God
- Emotional numbing
Perhaps you, like most women who obtain an abortion, saw abortion as the solution to your unplanned pregnancy. Yet instead of relief, you may have found that a past abortion has contributed to new problems in your life.
Researchers studying the long-term effects of abortion are now using the term “Post-Abortion Syndrome” to describe an array of emotional disturbances taht may follow an abortion. Post abortion syndrome occurs when a woman is unable to:
- Process the fear, anger, sadness, and guilt surrounding her abortion experience.
- Grieve the loss of her baby.
- Come to peace with God, herself and others involved in the abortion experience.
“It’s not just the abortion, but the things I did after the abortion that make me feel so bad…the drugs, alcohol and sexual relationships. I’m afraid. I’m so broken. I can’t be healed.” -Tricia
Abortion researcher David Reardon reports that regardless of a woman’s age, family size, race, marital status, or number of abortions, of those surveyed:
- 61% experience flashbacks
- 54% have anniversary reactions (of the abortion)
- 33% feel suicidal
- 49% begin or increase drug use
- 52% experience difficulty developing and mainaining relationships
There is Hope for Healing and Peace
In response to the many women who suffer following abortion, Women’s Pregnancy Center offers a supportive and confidential small group study called “Surrendering the Secret: A Journey from Mourning to Gladness”. This study, full of compassion and truth, specifically addresses and helps the participant resolve the major issues associated with abortion. This study is based upon the Bible, as its truths have offered hope to troubled hearts throughout time.
If you would like to speak to someone confidentially regarding post-abortion counseling or support, please contact Krista at 352-351-1294 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, don’t suffer in silence anymore.