Did you know that…
- One out of two sexually active young women has a genital Human Papilloma Virus (HPV infection)
- The younger a person is when they begin having sex the greater the chance they will contract a sexually transmitted disease (STD)
- You can contract an STD if you have oral sex
- 75% of girls who have had sex wish they had waited
- 99% of cervical cancer cases are linked with an HPV infection
Having sex outside of marriage is not just a bad choice – it is a dangerous choice. Even with all the information and evidence supporting the advantages of abstinence, the concept of “saving sex for marriage” is a difficult one to addres. We educate women on the societal and emotional benefits of marriage as we lay a biblical foundation for purity. The pressure to have premarital sex in today’s world is tantamount to coercion when you consider all the obstacles that singles have to overcome to remain pure. But we know that, with God, all things are possible.
Over 80% of the women who come to Women’s Pregnancy Center for pregnancy testing are unmarried and most have had more than one sexual partner. We believe that our pregnancy test connection with our clients places us in a strategic position to explain the physical dangers of sex outside of marriage. Our clients receive information on STDs, their statistical risk to exposure based on their sexual history, and referrals for testing and treatment.
Through unconditional love and an attitude of non-judgmental concern, we offer support and counseling to women who desire to make positive lifestyle choices.